Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Playing with the big boys.

Today Beca had a softball game at the town park, and we looked at the big tent set up to cover the atendees for tomorrow's memorial service for the State Trooper who was killed last month in the search for a serial killer. BIG tent. We saw BIG machines doing work along Route 85, too, which was fascinating to O, and me too! Very cool to watch those big tractors at work! And as we watched and cheered on the girls, who played a great game in the drizzle, Ori played with the big boys! Really, this is the first time he's joined in, and I gotta say, they were incredible. 2 4yo's, on e6 yo, and Ori. He ran his little butt off, enjoyed chasing balls, and played rough and tumble with the best of them. All the little brothers, goofing off in the wet grass. I was really very happy for him, he was in his ELEMENT! OF course, getting out of there was less fun. I had to let Jerry strap him into the carseat, he was SO unhappy about departure. We hung with Deb, who had her toes all for show, as she and Chris are off to Cancun for the weekend! Have a great time, guys! And the Beasleys were there, too. Lots of nice things to say about being part of a community of people who are so into their kids! Speaking of which, I was at the Farm Food Network meeting last night, which was looong, but very interesting. Mary Alice was there - great to catch up with her, and THANKS Mary Alice for the ride home! So she and a friend are buying Java Jazz!!! They are going to give Delmar a really healthy alternative! I mentioned that Delmar Luncheonette does have some healthy choices on their menu, but that they have a very stolid menu, and most of it isn't very healthy. Buffalo burgers, pita platter, and maybe the salads, but most of the salads are drenched, so for me, not so healthy. Feeling much better about being here, with such improvements, I'll tell ya! The meeting also had me really rethink my own 'role' in things here. Maybe time to get more Active - time for me to play with the big boys, too?

No comments: