Sunday, June 03, 2007

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

Oh my - I downloaded over 100 pics from my camera tonight (teaches me to lose that USB cord!), and there is just a TON to catch up on here!

Firstly, tonight was the bridging ceremony for our Service Unit. Karen and Geryldene did an awesome job on it - the kids all felt really wonderful and it went very smoothly! I didn't get a lot of great pics, but I did get this one of Beca, taken actually after the event (and the ice cream is down by her feet lol!). Our littl ebrownie is now a JUNIOR Scout, all in green. ;)



Next, WE GOT THE TRAILER! I gotta say, this is the biggest thing (after Africa) I've ever consciously manifested. I know that I did this one, I was VERY specific about what we needed and what we could pay. This fell right into our lap, I'm happy to say!





And still to report on is Beca's new bike! She actually won this is a raffle drawing at the Tulip Festival. It's too small for her, really. We ordered a 26" bike, and somehow a 20" arrived, but she loves it just the same. :D That's my kiddo! She is so awesome that way - that kinda stuff just does NOT bother her. YAY!





Lastly, for this post, THE PARADE! Well, the story behind the parade is this:

I rode my bike there, Ori in the seat on the back. He was a GREAT passenger. He was into the parade. We manifested some bubbles, which kept him well entertained for the 20 min. or so before the parade actually arrived. We were about 1/2 way along the route. We shared a nice shady square of grass along Adams Place with two other young families. Lots of little kids. Two girls to our left, two boys to our right. NICE! The parade came. Lots of marchers, music, and a bit of mayhem. It came in fits and starts, which was a bit discombobulating. Hard to know how fast to take pictures! Ori was in total awe. I tried to put him into the ergo on my back, but he'd have none of it. He was standing nicely, so I didn't push it.

JAC and Beca came marching by, and by the time I got my camera up and on, they had marched right past! I dashed up a few families to snap a shot, which I got lol!, and zipped right back to the sidelines. Ori. Was. Gone. My vision blurred. It was a mad dash into and through the parade looking with mama-ray vision. No Ori. I snagged Jerry, and he came back with me. We both looked, he on one side, me on the other. No Ori. I ran up to the corner to the cop there, the goofball in the neon orange vest, I should say, and told him I'd lost my toddler. His jaw dropped. His eyes popped. He didn't know WHAT to say! Just that moment, a nice daddy looking guy came waltzing over with....ORI!!! He was FINE. Not a tear in site, the kid was just FINE. I cried. I sobbed. I downright blubbered. JAC steered me away from the parade, and the cop, and I blubbered in peace. It was, otherwise, an awesome parade.

Some gratuitous pics for you:







So that gets me nearly up to date! Whoohoo!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Great update, Andy. The trailer looks so FUN! When I was a kid, I would have died to have one of those. Many great adventures await!