Wednesday, November 21, 2007

T-24hrs

T-giving, that is! Wed. morning before the storm. We are cleaning up for Ryan and
Catherine who are staying here tonight, while we zoom (hopefully) down to NYC. I would like to get going here with laundry and cooking so that I can do it before 4pm, but it's not looking real good. Sigh.

So I was thinking about why that BECAUSE I SAID SO video was so freaking popular - no less than 6 people sent it to me, and many others spoke of it to me in passing. UGH! And Here, Scott Noelle put is quite perfectly into words that work for me. It is too repetitive of the negative things I grew up with - having my power diminished by those bigger and more powerful, being told my intuition holds no water, given few choices and not liking the ones I got. In gerenal being treated as if my childhood were a disease I would eventually outgrow and I'd look back on it and see all the jell-o flavor colorings as the high points and those lows? Well, they just blend into the background of days and nights of unrequited love that turn into days and nights of unrequited love in my 20's. Different love, but that feeling of being lonely and somewhat at a loss is still there. And it's still sad.

Anyway, that being said, we are looking forward to getting away for a few days, even if to NYC (which is not where I'd personally pick to spend 4 or 5 days away from home lol), to seeing the Corns and having some FUN! If I try to make the holiday about gratitude, it just falls apart. So for me it's about family and fun and food and that's going to have to be enough.

Gratuitous picture of D'Ar and the kids to leave you with.

No comments: